Round 5 Workshops commence April 10th – June 5th
with Public Performances June 8th and 9th at 7:30pm!
Officer Jaime Ramirez, 73rd Precinct, Brooklyn
“The exercise when you are doing the three things at the same time – you’re paying attention to what’s happening behind you, plus what’s going on in front of you, plus what’s coming at you from across the hall. I don’t know if you did that on purpose, but that’s kind of like our job.”
Terry Greiss, Executive Director of Irondale:
“To play together we must learn to speak each other’s language. And by playing together we begin to break down insecurities we may have that come from not understanding. We can actually teach each other in a safe, non-judgmental atmosphere—an atmosphere of joy, play and healthy competition.”
Jim Niesen, Artistic Director of Irondale:
“This is documentary theater-making created with ‘experts of the everyday’ amateur performers, but real people experiencing and dealing with crises in our society and bringing this direct experience to the Irondale stage. This whole range of documentary work, on the borderline of journalistic reportage, results in productions that can be more enlightening and illuminating than works seen on the stages of our traditional theaters.”
These workshops are recorded by documentary filmmakers from the award winning production company, Press and the Public Project, and used for internal training by the NYPD. The raw footage will be available for a documentary film for national distribution.
Irondale’s Letter of Support from NYC Police Commissioner Bill Bratton
Help support this project. Make a DONATION now.
For more information contact Executive Director Terry Greiss at 718-488-9233
- 02.01.17 – Storytelling magazine report
- 12.31.16- Jeff Lunden’s report on NPR
- 10.2.16 – Newsday review
- 7.19.16 – Nonprofit Quarterly Improv for Cops and Other Artistic Approaches to BLM and Gun Control
- 7.2.2016 – The New Yorker Improv for Cops
- 2.4.2016 – The Wall Street Journal Police and the Public Bridge Gap on Stage
- 2.3.2016 – BrooklynPaper.com Working blue: Police perform in improv show
- 1.26.2016 – BRIC/BK Live video on To Protect, Serve, and Understand Project
- 12.1.2015 – DNAinfo.com Improving Police-Community Relations Once Improv at a Time