2021 Summer Remote Internship
About the Internship
Education and Theater Administration
Irondale is looking for undergraduate or postgraduate interns to work with us this summer! Gain hands-on experience working closely with Irondale’s Director of Education and Associate Producer in a fast-paced, Off-Broadway theater. Attend staff meetings and training sessions, teach remotely and take on individual projects as an integral part of a Brooklyn-based non-profit.
- Assist with a range of remote summer improv workshops for students, ages 11-18
- Participate in program and curriculum planning meetings
- Assist with marketing and social media for education programs
- Basic office administration: maintaining student records, attendance, photo and video documentation, editing, and filing
- Contribute to planning meetings for future education events and partnership projects
- Annotating and archiving event recordings from the last year of remote learning and performance
- Conducting research projects for Irondale’s Development Department
- Other duties as assigned
- Interest in theater as a tool for education and social justice
- Previous work experience with youth preferably in an arts or literacy setting
- Must be organized and have excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Experience with improvisation is a plus
- Knowledge in social media platforms preferred
The Details and How to Apply
Workload will vary throughout the summer but Irondale’s Education Intern should be able to commit to approximately 15 hours per week. Teaching hours are paid and college credit is available.
Irondale is an equal opportunity employer; we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination.
We are looking for interns to commit to the following period:
- June 2 – August 20, 2021
To apply send a resume and short cover letter detailing your experience and what you hope to gain from an internship to email@example.com
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until Wednesday May 12th.