Hybrid Education Summer Internship
The Irondale Ensemble Project is looking for an undergraduate or postgraduate intern to work in our Theater Education Department this summer. Gain hands-on experience working closely with Irondale’s Director of Education in a fast-paced, off-Broadway theater. Attend staff meetings and become an integral part of a Brooklyn-based non-profit. Interns are invited to attend networking and professional development events, as well as arts events around the city. Interns also take part in robust teaching artist training sessions.
- Assist with a range of on-site and off-site summer theater workshops and classes for students, ages 11-17
- Participate in program and curriculum planning meetings
- Travel to NYC cultural organizations in Brooklyn and Manhattan to observe, document, and assistant teach workshops
- Assist with marketing and social media for education programs
- Basic office administration: maintaining student records, attendance, photo and video documentation, editing, and filing
- Contribute to planning meetings for future education events and partnership projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Interest in theater as a tool for education and social justice
- Previous work experience with youth preferably in an arts or literacy setting
- Must be organized and have excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Experience with improvisation is a plus
- Knowledge in social media platforms preferred
- Irondale’s Education Intern should be able to commit to 15 hours per week.
The Details and How to Apply
Internships will operate on a hybrid model this summer. Some in-person work at Irondale and at partner institutions around the city will be required.
This is a paid internship at $15/hour. Interns will work 15 hours per week for 12 weeks from May 31 – August 20th 2022. There is some flexibility in these dates and weekly schedules will be flexible.
Irondale is an equal opportunity employer; we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination.
To apply please submit a resume and a one-page cover letter detailing your interest in the role, relevant experience, and any conflicts with the internship dates listed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, March 28th 2022 at 12 noon EST. Interviews will take place on Zoom during the week commencing April 4th.