- Held on Tuesdays from 4-6pm, from October 12th – December 14th, 2021
- IN PERSON at Irondale – 85 South Oxford Street
- NO COST TO PARTICIPATE!
Our middle school ensemble, for ages 10-13, is a junior version of our teen ensemble, Irondale’s Young Company. Fall Session will meet in person at Irondale. Students will work towards an IMPROV NIGHT of games and sketches performed in class on December 14th!
In the Fall Semester students will:
- Build trust with their peers through ensemble and collaboration
- Learn how to play and host short-form comedic improv games
- Learn the skills to write, and perform improvised comedic and semi-comedic sketches
- Watch and study different comedic styles and genres
- Learn the technical components of a show including sound and lights
- Let their performance creativities soar!
- Perform in an Improv Night! in December 2021 for friends and family
Fall/Winter 2021 Junior Company Dates:
October 12, 19, 26, November 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, December 7, 14
Please contact Rima with any questions at email@example.com.
Junior Company Requirements:
- No previous acting or performance training required!
- Submission of a Personal Essay before your first rehearsal
- A commitment to regular attendance. If you miss more than three sessions in a row (for reasons other than illness), you will be ineligible to perform in the upcoming showing. However, you are still welcome to attend anyway and can re-apply to perform in the next term.
- Promise to treat everyone in the program with care and respect
- Agreement to read and adhere to Irondale’s Code of Conduct
- Agreement to adhere to Irondale’s COVID-19 requirements and protocols
All students who register will be asked to submit a short personal essay before the first class.
- In a paragraph or more (minimum 5 sentences), tell us why you want to be part of Irondale’s Junior Company.
- Feel free to write in the first person or in rhyme or any way you’d like! Have fun with it and show us how creative you can be!
- Submit your essay along with your registration or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org after registration.
UNTIL REGISTRATION DEADLINE
Preview of Winter Session
January 11th – May 24th
In the Winter/Spring Semester students will:
- Learn and practice the tenets of ensemble theater
- Train in voice, movement, music, and devising techniques
- Analyze theatrical texts for meaning, mood, and rhythm
- Practice performing poetry, monologues, and scenes
- Learn to give and receive feedback with care and respect
- Cultivate lasting relationships with their peers
- Perform in the Poetry Show in May 2022 for the general public
This program is generously supported by the Pierre and Tana Matisse Foundation